Sunday 25 January 2015

Healthy-ish English Scones

Hellooo! Today I wanted to share with you my first recipe on this blog. I love scones (Just thinking about them... Mmmm) and this healthier version of them is incredible! Sundays morning breakfast is the perfect time to make them and eat them :-) Don't forget that they're still a treat and even if they are a healthier version they're not super duper healthy ;-) They are very easy to make so anyone can do it! Let's go in the kitchen!

For this recipe you will need (for about 12 scones)

280 g whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
100 g butter 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
120 g pitted dates cut into chunks
100 g rolled oats

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 200°C. 
Combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl
Add in the butter, rubbing it with your fingers
Add in the chunks of dates
Combine milk, honey and vanilla extract in a separate bowl
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients
Mix until you have a sticky dough
Sprinkle half of the oats on a working surface. 
Place the dough on top, sprinkle the rest of the oats and press gently until the scone dough is about 2.5 cm thick.
Cut into rounds (I used a glass to do it)
Place onto a baking tray
Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown
Serve warm with ricotta and jam on top, Enjoy!



This was the recipe. Tell me if you made some and if you liked them as much as I did!
I will talk to you soon,
Love Lili Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment